19 July 2003




An article basically stating that even though marijuana is illegal that it should be O.K. for doctors to reccomend it (at at least speak so glowingly of it that no one could fail to get the idea) just as long as they don't actually write out a prescription or participate in the street purchase.

Let's put this in perspective: Client comes to my office and tells me his Booky has told him that he will be dead in 6 months if he does not pay off the $50,000 he owes. I check it out and believe it to be true. I then begin extolling the virtues of burglary. "If someone goes into unoccupied houses while people are on vacation they can find electronic equipment to pawn, jewelry too, and in some houses people just leave money lying around in easy to open drawers or lockboxes. I bet people who do that kind of work make $50,000 easily within 3 to 4 months." Does anyone out there think I avoid prosecution after my client is caught and offers me up to the police in order to get a deal for himself?

.

No comments: