04 September 2003



Whatdayaknow? I'm not the only Virginia lawyer who goes by "The Hammer" monicker.

Of course, mine's an old nickname1 while his appears to be a name chosen for him by an advertising firm. I'm told that his advertisements are a lot more interesting than the staid stuff we get in the Richmond area from the Multiple Allens (we're in a book no one has ever seen), Marks & Harrison (tell Allstate you hired a firm because it uses a semi-famous actor), or Jay Tronfield (we're in some million dollar club no one's heard of).



1 It has always been an easy way to get people to pronounce my name correctly because it rhymes. I've suffered thru a litany of nick-names in my life but this one's been around since at least some time in the 80's because I remember a long period of time of hearing "STOP, Lammer time!"

No comments: