14 January 2004



Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Professor Roger Groot bobblehead doll. Apparently Washington and Lee Law is selling these to raise funds. Scary.

For those of you who don't know, Professor Groot splits his time between running the Virginia Capital Case Clearinghouse and terrifying 1L's in criminal law and procedure classes. I ain't never seen so many kids scared of one man in my life as the 1L's in his first semester, first year, 8 a.m. Criminal Law class were of this man (well, with the possible exception of the Drill Sergeant in basic training). On the other hand, once he teaches you you stay teached. Heck, I can still recite the common law elements of burglary by heart and he wasn't even my criminal law professor. My roommate (who was in his class) repeated them (and the elements of many a crime) so many times that eventually they even stuck with me.

No comments: