1) Yet again, people start to think that the difference in punishment between crack and powder cocaine (in the federal system) might be equalized.
2) The court refuses to jail Marion Barry.
3) When you wade in with pistols in each hand, blazing away, you might be found liable - even if you are an officer.
4) Yo! Adrian! They found my hormones!
5) Nope, the judge just isn't buying it. Female teacher having sex with a 17 year old student = 6 months in jail. Go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200. You have to wonder how many male teachers who have sex with 17 year old girls walk into court expecting to get 30 days home incarceration.
6) Stealing your dead wards' info to get money from the government isn't a good idea if someone counts heads.
7) A judge who is honest enough to admit that he will punish you for exercising your right to a jury trial.
8) If you are going to use your position as an officer to steal from illegal immigrants you might want to make sure that one of them isn't actually another law enforcement officer.
9) You face a dilemma. You can either face the wrath of your wife because you missed your child's birth or you can face the wrath of the judge because you will get your 4th speeding ticket. This guy chose to risk the judge.
10) If your toaster/meth lab goes up in flames driving to the Wal*Mart to buy a fire extinguisher might not be your best course of action.