1) You gotta luv local papers. Read the typical "Modern Law Enforcement in a Modern World" bit, then go down and read the comments from locals who are just going off about everything they think is wrong with law enforcement in their county.
2) Come into a Virginia house - get shot. Who needs the castle doctrine?
3) I've heard of padding a bra, but this is ridiculous.
4) Eluding arrest is not a violent crime as far the feds are concerned.
5) Good news lawyers in Virginia's Western Federal District! Soon you'll be able to tell the press what went on in that bench conference in the middle of the trial.