1) Six juvenile detention center employees in Florida were fired and five others disciplined after police said a mentally retarded boy was raped by a sex offender who was allegedly assigned to bathe and change his diaper.
2) Police in Michigan arrest 846 sex offenders during a statewide roundup of people accused of violating the requirements of Michigan's sex offender registry law, authorities say.
3) New York Prosecutors are angry over the actions of a reputed mobster while out on bail. The man is being held under house arrest while awaiting trial but began filming a reality T.V. show for HBO called "House Arrest".
4) Another teacher sex scandal... High School teacher Kimberly Ann Cordrey-McKinney, 32, of Chestertown was charged with sexually abusing a 16-year-old student from the school.
5) Another priest sex scandal... Former Catholic priest Jerome Toohey, 59, pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a high school student in 1987 and 1988. At the time, Toohey was a priest and chaplain at Calvert Hall College High School.
6) Maryland State prison officials filed charges against several correctional officers and visitors for smuggling contraband into prisons. Banned items include drugs, tobacco and cell phones. Correctional experts say the black market in contraband inside prisons fuels violence.