23 December 2005

Judicial Mafia

You know, I may whine every once in a while here about how judges in Virginia are tougher on the defense than prosecutors. I may even point to certain cases and wonder how far a judge would actually have to go to get in trouble in Virginia.

However, nowhere in my worst nightmares could I even conceive a Virginia judge engaging in blackmail of a newspaper in writing. Make sure you click through to the actual letter because, read as a whole, it's even worse than Joel's quotes make it seem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is what happens when you create "private citizens" and "those that rule over the private citizens." I think this guy should be pilloried and run out of town on a rail. Disbarment would be too dignified in that it assumes he deserves some sort procedural protection - which he is clearly unwilling to grant his opponents.