23 October 2006

I know People Fall for These Things, But I Always Wonder Why

**********************************************
Part time Job Offer
************************************************

My name is Kayode Martin. I just came about your email address through an email listing affiliated with the US Chamber of Commerce and I would be very interested in offering you a part-time paying job in which you could earn allot without quitting your present Job or having problem with your employers.

I am a man with 4 kids all boys and the love of my life, my wife. I am a some what multitalented man and I do quite a lot of traveling and get to meet quite a lot of people.

I just resigned my job as a research scientist for ARINI (Agricultural research Institute of Northern Ireland ) but I still work as a freelance consultant for the institute which gives me very much time to do my own work which is basically being a freelance researcher who could be employed by research institutes to do research
projects anywhere in the world.

I reside in Ireland, Dublin even though I have lived most of my life in other parts of the world, I am fully residing in Ireland. Presently, I have just been granted a funding to head a research project in the tropical regions of West Africa regarding rare and vulnerable plant species and this would be commencing very soon.

However my funding were by my American counterparts who send me the bunch of payments mostly in US based money orders. Getting an accountant in the states or opening an account would have been my best choice but I have a deadline to meet and taking any of those choices would cost me time and a whole lot of other requirements. I am not ready to deal with, as I would be traveling a lot in the meantime.

So presently, assuming you would be able to deal with cash, I would be willing to employ you on contract basis to be my payment representative back in the states, this way I could issue and make payments in form of Money Orders, Cashier's Check, etc out to you, you could then cash them easily, withdraw 10% of the total amount on these payment instruments as your commission and then send the rest back to me through wire transfer.

Please, bear it in mind that we would be dealing with quite a handful of cash and you a could be making up to $5000 just working with me in a short period of time within 1-2 weeks.

I would be glad if you accept my proposal and I intend to commence on starting as soon as you are ready. If you are interested, please email me back so we could make concluding arrangements.

Thank You

Kayode Martin

Agricultural Research Institute of Northern Ireland

Hillsborough, Ireland BT12 3rd

+44 123456789

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =


How can anybody read the passage I put in bold and not realize this is a scam?

4 comments:

Mister DA said...

Ken, we've seen a couple of instances where a local gets involved with this sort of thing (they all seem to go through Irish banks, for some reason) and cashes the check, money order, whatever, then pockets the money! The two I've seen have taken about three days to bounce, leaving the person who chashed the item holding the bag.

In both cases, the crook got involved in the scheme just to rip off the unknown Internet party and ended up in trouble because they burned a local business or bank. The checks we've seen are real - it's a no account scam (or superb counterfeits)

I have to wonder how many folks get involved and actaully send the bad guy the money?

Ken Lammers said...

It's probably a miniscule percentage but it's got to be a large enough number to make it seem worthwhile.

The way I picture it is millions of these things going out each day and maybe 5-10 suckers a day.

Anonymous said...

we should blow these people up. lol. there reall pricks.

Anonymous said...

jhbbj