02 December 2006

Shameless Self-Promotion...

I visited Ken at his new offices in Wise this past week and I mentioned that I won "Best Advocate" in my Appellate Advocacy class. For those of you who don't know, I am a 2L at the Appalachian School of Law in beautiful, downtown Grundy, VA. Below is a clip of my argument. My learned classmate an I were arguing a criminal case before the "U.S. Supreme Court". The issue was whether passive receipt of firearms constitutes "use" of those firearms in a "drugs for guns" transaction under 18 USC, Section 924(c). You can find my rebuttal to the government's argument at my website (still very much under construction).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was very dissappointed with your website. I didn't see the words "I will fight for you" anywhere.

Tom McKenna said...

Steve Armstrong?? We'd better settle!