15 June 2003




News of the Web:

If you break into a major news organization's website just make sure it is one which is uniformly unpopular. Your pefect target is probably Al-Jazeera; a fairly major hack into their site will only get you "three years probation, community service and a fine of $1,500." Now, imagine if that had been the NYTimes.

A seventh grade student, described as "a `good and intelligent' student", broke into his school's computer and deleted 8 teacher's grade files. Thank goodness that computers weren't as advanced when I was a tyke and schools still kept paper records. 'Cause me and my buddies would have been right there next to this kid if our C-64's and 1541's had been capable of it.

And finally, the federal supreme court has decided to whom sex-dot-com belongs. I'm going to resist all the smart aleck comments I'm feeling the urge to make and just let this one be.

.

No comments: