17 September 2004

Back With a Smile on My Face



Actually, I made it about 80% of the way to the local Hooters when some common sense kicked in and I realized that if I drank every time a client, family member, judge, prosecutor, or any of the other various bogeymen who exist in the lives of defense attorneys managed to make me angry/upset there was a good chance I'd crawl into the bottle and never come out. So I went and indulged in my one true addiction (technogeekism), bought a new computer, and fiddled around with it the whole night.

So, having spent an entire night without giving any thought to criminal law, I now re-enter the fray - smile and all.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Did you get the tablet PC you were wanting?

Ken Lammers said...

Naw. I didn't have the disposable money to get that. Anyway, I replaced my home-office computer with a sweet Sony that was on sale. 1 gb memory, 160gb hd, DVD/CD writer, amazing graphics, great sound, and the list goes on and on.

I really did have to get a new computer; my old home computer has either suffered a catastrophic hardware failure or has a really nasty worm I cannot get rid of. I figure the second explanation is most likely and in times past I would have nuked the entire drive by reformatting and reinstalling everything. However, when I opened the box to get the software out there weren't none. It's all on the hard drive. And I cannot seem to access it there.

Oh well, at least it was a good excuse to buy a new computer.