16 January 2003

________________________________________________________________________________

I guess it's a good thing that VSP will be able to repel invaders with their new weapons. I guess if the Troopers dug into fixed positions and the terrorists charged straight into them the M-4's would give the advantage to the Troopers. This assumes, of course, that the terrorists won't have any SAW's, grenades, M-60's, AR-15's, &cetera. And we all know that the terrorists will take on the VSP face to face; they would never sneak around, seek weak spots, and attack in a manner that keep the Troopers from being able to concentrate their numbers and/or use these weapons.

It strikes me that we need to be concentrating on things which make a lone Trooper safer as he walks up to a New York rental car he has pulled over on I-95 at 3 a.m. with only his sidearm (a far, far more probable happening). Not an expert, I do not claim to know exactly what this might entail. However, I do not see how this purchase helps.

No comments: