13 August 2003
(1) A man caught trying to sell an anti-aircraft missile to terrorists in the U.S.
(2) As a Pakistani is changed from "material witness" to terrorist he is denied bail.
(3) The ABA wants the military tribunals to become more like criminal proceedings.
(4) The PATRIOT Act has become so unpopular that Ashcroft is going to go on a tour supporting it. Can't imagine why people would be upset about the government monitoring to make sure they are reading acceptable materials from bookstores or libraries. And why would people become upset about hidden warrants and sneak and peeks? I mean, come on folks, aren't you willing to give up your "essential liberty for temporary security?"
(5) As a Muslim faced with "3,066 counts of accessory to murder and membership in a terrorist organization" what can you do? Hire a female, Jewish attorney. As an interesting note: participating in the murder of over 3,000 people carries a MAXIMUM of 15 years imprisonment in Germany.
(6) Don't like a particular type of firearm? Well you could always try to get around that pesky 2d Amendment by claiming that U.S. citizens in your county can't have it because "terrorists" might use this type of weapon. Can there be a more bogus argument for taking firearms away from citizens?
Author: Ken Lammers on 8/13/2003